Google offers a free (if fewer than 90 million impressions/month) and very powerful Ad Server called DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) Small Business.
When I started using DFP Small Business I first had some trouble to understand how it works.
The DFP Small Business Help Pages really help to solve specific problems.
But I could not find an easy to understand tutorial on how to setup and use DFP Small Busines, step by step.
It took me over half a year to wrap my head around everything that I needed to run DFP as my Ad Server, with all the features I required.
To spare you the learning curve here is a step by step tutorial on how to use DFP Small Business as Ad Server to serve your Ads (including AdSense Ads) on your websites.
Table of contents:
- Introduction into DFP Small Business
- How to setup Ad Units so that you can serve Ads via DFP Small Business
- How to setup a campaign for an Advertiser that booked Advertising on your website
- How to set up Google AdSense as Line Item using DFP Small Business
- How to set up Google AdSense using DFP Small Business build in AdSense option
- How to set up AdSense using DFPs build in AdSense option – Async Version
- How to run Split Tests with DFP Small Business
- How to make AdSense compete with your other Ad inventory in DFP Small Business
- Using DFP Small Business for opening AdSense in a new window
- DFP Small Business Line Item Settings Explained
- How to roadblock creatives, run site takeovers or serve a Wallpaper Ad with DFP
- How to create a Basic Cascade with DFP Small Business
- How to pass Information to DFP Small Business by using Patterns
- DFP goes asynchronous with its new Google Publisher Tag. Time to switch
Let us start with an Introduction into DFP Small Business.
Other than Zipcodes, City, State and Country?
I am working on an online video website and planning to display the video ads from DFP. Please let me know how I can track the sub id to know which video has played which ad and how much earning is generated by the particular ad. Is there a way, so that I can pass any tracking id dynamically to track the earnings.
Note: I'll use 100's of unique tracking id's for each video.
Should we use DFP? We have an older international real estate advice site with 700,000 monthly uniques.
The site is large, with a hand-coded content management system into which we place ad codes depending on where we want the ads (position on page, section of site, time it runs / number of impressions sold). We are just switching to Laravel and going responsive.
We've been told by ad management companies that we'd make more money if we ran DFP. At present we run almost no directly-sold campaigns, just Ad-Sense, Medianet, and some Criteo. Not much daisy-chaining, mostly just different positions.
Should I ask my developer to learn and try DFP? He will protest and complain. Should I insist?
I have one question: I have approved AdSense account and Bengali language-based website. Bengali doesn't support AdSense. Can I use DFP and showing Ad on that site? I also want to add Responsive Ad their. Please suggest me... I am waiting for your answer...
I have just implemented double click to my site, now AdSense is displaying in my site.
Can you guide me how to view its earning report.