Google offers a free (if fewer than 90 million impressions/month) and very powerful Ad Server called DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) Small Business.
When I started using DFP Small Business I first had some trouble to understand how it works.
The DFP Small Business Help Pages really help to solve specific problems.
But I could not find an easy to understand tutorial on how to setup and use DFP Small Busines, step by step.
It took me over half a year to wrap my head around everything that I needed to run DFP as my Ad Server, with all the features I required.
To spare you the learning curve here is a step by step tutorial on how to use DFP Small Business as Ad Server to serve your Ads (including AdSense Ads) on your websites.
Table of contents:
- Introduction into DFP Small Business
- How to setup Ad Units so that you can serve Ads via DFP Small Business
- How to setup a campaign for an Advertiser that booked Advertising on your website
- How to set up Google AdSense as Line Item using DFP Small Business
- How to set up Google AdSense using DFP Small Business build in AdSense option
- How to set up AdSense using DFPs build in AdSense option – Async Version
- How to run Split Tests with DFP Small Business
- How to make AdSense compete with your other Ad inventory in DFP Small Business
- Using DFP Small Business for opening AdSense in a new window
- DFP Small Business Line Item Settings Explained
- How to roadblock creatives, run site takeovers or serve a Wallpaper Ad with DFP
- How to create a Basic Cascade with DFP Small Business
- How to pass Information to DFP Small Business by using Patterns
- DFP goes asynchronous with its new Google Publisher Tag. Time to switch
Let us start with an Introduction into DFP Small Business.